Sunday, August 16, 2009

Can't Touch This


Please enjoy my version of the MC Hammer song, "Can't Touch This", which describes a certain percentage of my interactions with Biruk...

Can't touch this (Bah da da dum, da DUM, da DUM....)
Can't touch this
Can't touch this
Can't touch this

My, my, my,
My Biruki...is so darn cute
Makes me say "Oh my Lord"
Thank you! for blessing me
With a boy so fine and a smile so sweet
It feels good, to live in a home
Plenty to eat and room to roam
Lots to see and lots to do
But this is a thing...uh!...you can't touch.

I told you, baby boy ...Can't touch this
Yeah, that's how we living and you know ...Can't touch this
Look at my eyes, sweetie ...Can't touch this
Yo, let me bust that chotchka ...Can't touch this!

Possession? What's yours is mine!
Other kids' toys look mighty fine.
In someone's house, inside a store
There's just so much I need to explore.
Random cars in the parking lot
Let's try all the doors...hey, why not?
Screw caps, buttons, light switches, too
There must be something that they all do
I think I've said this way too much but
This is a thing...uh!...you can't touch.

Yo, I told you ...Can't touch this
Why you standing there, honey ...Can't touch this
Yo, sound the bell, school is in, my son ...Can't touch this!

Give me a toy, something in my hand
That gadget of yours looks like it's grand.
Sitting quietly in deep thought
Is not my thing, I'm like a shot
Out of a cannon! into your home
Just got to move and go, go, go!
Don't know your rules, or your words, and
Boundaries are so hard to learn
I'm almost two, it's so legit...
I see that stuff and I just can't quit.

That's word, 'cause you know ...Can't touch this
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh ...Can't touch this
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh ...Break it down!
(Music breaks down, as well as the object in hand)
Stop! Corner time!

Etcetera, etcetera...the song goes on from there, as does our little dance!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. We've been in a holding pattern, just waiting, waiting, waiting for school to start. It's probably more accurate to say that I, Christine, have been waiting, because school gives us all a structure and routine to our days, not to mention stuff to do. Three bored kids with lots of energy and a mom who just wants some time on the computer by herself is always a recipe for disaster!

To cope, we've been keeping out of the house with trips to the park, the zoo, the pool..you name it. Housework and communication with the rest of you has suffered as a result. Please accept our apologies, and know that you'll probably have to wait, wait, wait for the start of school, too!

1 comment:

  1. Try as I might, I just can't picture you (or Alan) in those baggy Hammer pants. :-)
    -- Allan H.

    ReplyDelete